Call for Exhibition Proposals 2024
Image: 'Liminal Monuments: Claudia Gutierrez' at the Craft Ontario Gallery. Photo by Jocelyn Reynolds.
Deadline: Monday, May 29, 2023 at 11:59pm ET
Craft Ontario is currently seeking proposals for solo and two-person exhibitions to take place in the Craft Ontario Gallery, 1106 Queen St West, Toronto, in the 2024 calendar year.
Craft Ontario is devoted to the support, advocacy and promotion of Ontario craft and craft artists. Our services and programs provide support for craft artists at all levels of their careers from emerging to established, while raising awareness of, providing access to, and growing appreciation for their work.
Craft Ontario welcomes submissions in all craft media by artists at any stage of their career (emerging, mid or established). Submissions of both existing work and projects that have not yet been realized will be considered.
Craft Ontario provides curatorial support, installation assistance, insurance, and pays artist fees in line with CARFAC (Canadian Artists’ Representation/Le Front des artistes canadiens) guidelines.
In preparing your proposal, please review the Membership Structure.
- Applications will only be accepted through this online form (see below for more details). Hard copy or email submissions will not be accepted.
- The Exhibitor will be responsible for shipping or delivering the work to the Gallery and for insuring the work while in transit.
- Craft Ontario will insure all items for theft and damage while on the Gallery premises.
- Any work included in the exhibition that is available for sale (at the artist’s discretion) will be sold at Craft Ontario’s usual consignment split of 50%.
- Selected artists will receive an artist fee in line with CARFAC (Canadian Artists’ Representation/Le Front des artistes canadiens) guidelines.
Craft Ontario will consider the following when reviewing proposals:
- Quality of work
- Quality of proposal
- Career Level – Craft Ontario aims to show artists at all levels, from emerging through to established
- Disciplines – Craft Ontario aims to show a breadth of material practices
- Identity – Craft Ontario considers the Ontario Arts Council and Toronto Arts Council's priority groups
- Suitability of proposal to gallery space
- Access for members that have not shown in the space before or recently
- Applicant Information [Contact Details, Artist bio (max. 500 words), CV (max. 2 pages, PDF only)]
- Co-Applicant Information -- IF APPLICABLE (same as for primary applicant)
- Exhibition Proposal [Description (max. 500 words), Images (min. 5, max. 10)]
- Non-members only: $10 Admin Fee payable by credit card or PayPal